Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beautiful San Francisco

I just can't seem to get over the beauty of San Francisco! It is such a small little city, at only 7x7 square miles, but the charm and character it possesses is quite amazing. From the diversity of the neighborhoods to the eclectic restaurants, there is always something new and exciting going on. I don't think it's really possible to be bored in San Francisco. It seems that every week something will happen and I think, I love this city!!

This week it was Angel Island, even though it was my third trip there. Saturday was a perfectly sunny, unseasonably warm day in February. Dan and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend the day outside, and took the ferry from the Embarcadero to Angel Island State Park where my love for San Francisco was once again renewed. The views from both the ferry and Angel Island are just stunning, and include the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge, the San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz, Sausalito, Tiburon, Oakland, and of course, the Bay. We hiked through tall canopies of trees and native plants to the top of Mt. Livermore. There we made ourselves comfortable on the grass and enjoyed the views, the quietness of nature, and the short getaway we allowed ourselves. As much I love the city, it's nice to be able to so quickly get away and enjoy the city from a different angle.

View from Angel Island: Bay Bridge, San Francisco Skyline, Alcatraz Island

On our hike back down to the cove, we found a quiet little area with a bench. It was, by no accident, situated perfectly in view of the Golden Gate Bridge, of which I am always in awe. Most mornings, unless the fog is too thick, I wake up to see the bridge out of my bedroom window. I frequently run down on Crissy Field and stare at the bridge the whole time, thinking, I am so lucky to live here!

On the most gorgeous days, I usually find myself at Baker Beach (pictured above), where I sit mesmerized by the unparallelled views of the Golden Gate Bridge in the not-too-far distance and think, this is most definitely the greatest of all beach views

The Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach

People travel around the world to see these backdrops, yet I just ride my bike for 20 minutes and there I am...staring at one of the world's most dramatic landscapes of brilliant architecture contrasted with the rugged nature of the Pacific Ocean.

Ahhh isn't life (in San Francisco) grand? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment