Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why I'm Smiling Today :)

This week started out rough!! But luckily Monday is over and done with, and things are looking up.

Top ten reasons I'm smiling today, in no particular order:

1. It's sunny and warm out! I didn't even need my trusty Northface fleece today. So while the rest of the country is buried in feet upon feet of snow, I'm happy I left the Northeast for San Francisco!

2.  I finished my Dubai/Istanbul paper last night. It was the bain of my existence last weekend. Woohoo!!!

3. I get to see everyone from my Dubai/Istanbul trip this Friday. Can't wait!

4. I haven't seen my parents since Thanksgiving and just bought my plane tickets to go home to San Diego in March.

5. I haven't been snowboarding all season, or seen my sister since Thanksgiving, and just made plans to stay with her in South Lake Tahoe next month.

6. After a nice 3-mile run, I found an unoccupied room at the gym this morning and decided to shadow box/kickbox for a half hour, since no one could see me if I looked retarded. Haha. I forgot how much I love kickboxing!

7. Dan and I just decided that we're going to spend a day in Boston before we go to his friend's wedding in Narragansett this August. I haven't been to Boston since I moved in 8/2009. There are only two things I want to do there, aside from seeing old friends: go for a run on the Charles River and eat in the North End (my old 'hood!) at La Dolce Vita. The best Italian food I ever had was at that restaurant, and it was also coincidentally the first and last place I ever ate at in the North End. And then after the east coast weekend, we're flying 12 hours to Maui!!!! Crazy trip, I know. Funny how things work out sometimes.

8. I'm treating my team to lunch at work today, and we're getting Deli Board! Best sandwiches in SF...that I've had. Yum!

9. I don't have class tonight.

10. The MUNI train was on time this morning and did not make any unexpected, long stops. And I got a seat!

 :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good reasons to smile :-) Especially living in San Francisco! Only better would be San Diego :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, great to have a positive attitude =) you made me smile!

    ReplyDelete